Information on The Yamaha DGX 500

Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with or any information on the now discontinued Yamaha DGX 500.

Does it feel like a real piano, and does it sound like a real piano?

Also how much is a used example worth?

Many thanks, Alastair.

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a Yamaha DGX-500. It does in many ways feel like a real piano. However, the keys are semi-weighted and they are slightly smaller than that of a real grand piano. I've had this digital piano for over 7 years and now gig with it. It is very reliable. Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Alastair,

In regards to the sound, the piano sound is great! The piano sample is excellent. Even though I MIDI this board into my Yamaha MM6, I still use it's grandpiano sound. The electric piano sounds are not too good. No rhodes/wurly types are available on this model unfortunately.

Reaction score
Thanks.

I say one for sale, but couldn't find much information on it. It seems a lot better than the yamaha np-30, and standard keyboards, but I guess since its from 2002, it is lacking the updated sounds and latest features.

Ask a Question