IPAD as my main synth

Reaction score
Hi
After too long of lugging about heavy gear I have been looking at the use of a midi controller along with iPad .... so I bit the bullet and sold my K2000 ... sob sob ... and have bought an ipad 1 along with and alesis idock. Downloaded garage band and went to band practice with old trusty M1 as my controller - sounded really good and no issues with lag etc... so I now want to invest in some defent Apps that I can use in a LIVE situation .. main sounds are Piano , Rhodes and organ but I also want harpsichord, Clav and some decent string / pad sounds along with good easy to model poly synth.

Has anyone tried anything or can recomend ... my restriction is that I onyl have an ipad 1 and I recently bought iMINI which is brill but doesnt really run well on the ipad ... application wont close and polyphonic sounds break up.

Reaction score
Hi
I'm new to using proper synths, but as well as Garage Band I have Sample Tank on my iPad. Seems like a decent enough app, and you get additional sounds by registering an iRig Midi connector too. I haven't a clue how easy it is to use - like I say I'm a noob to this, but with initial trials being relatively successful it can't be too bad. Check out the requirements.

Reaction score
I'm not sure buy your biggest problem might be the age of the iPad. Some of the newer apps require at least iOS 11. I don't know if yours will run on it. I have a 4th generation ipad and it won't run the latest apps.

Ask a Question