Is this a good trade?

Reaction score
I got an offer of trading my Roland A90EX with a Korg Triton Pro X. I need your opinon! Is it a good trade?

Reaction score
Both old but that Roland is rated (by some players - of a certain age). It is considered to be excellent in terms of the general feel of playing it - and as a midi controller. Both beasts in terms of size/weight. Is it for sitting at home or are you going out gigging?

Reaction score
Both old but that Roland is rated (by some players - of a certain age). It is considered to be excellent in terms of the general feel of playing it - and as a midi controller. Both beasts in terms of size/weight. Is it for sitting at home or are you going out gigging?

It's for gigg's and such.

Reaction score
If you don't want to spend any more money and you're looking for the easiest to gig - the Triton would be easier to take out live on its own. You'd probably need to add something to the Roland.

If the Korg's in good condition, you like the sounds (and there's enough of whatever you need on there for whatever you do) - and you've someone near-ish that can repair any keys that go - you should give it some serious thought.

I've never owned any of the Triton range - but they did the job for plenty of years for a lot of working band musicians.

Reaction score
Just a thought, the Yamaha MM8 has 88 hammer keys and doesn't weight all that much. The sounds are decent, though you're pretty much stuck with presets.

Ask a Question