Juno how save presets

Reaction score
Sorry kev, my error. I thought, with the Favortites Utility, there was a way to quickly highlight ("select") multiple Favorites for deletion in one big swoop, but you can not do that. You have to select, then delete, on a one-at-a-time basis. I could have sworn I use to do that on my Jupiter-50 and Juno-Gi, but then it has been over 5 or 6 years since I sold those boards, and ye old memory is certainly not what it used to be.

Reaction score
Sorry kev, my error. I thought, with the Favortites Utility, there was a way to quickly highlight ("select") multiple Favorites for deletion in one big swoop, but you can not do that. You have to select, then delete, on a one-at-a-time basis. I could have sworn I use to do that on my Jupiter-50 and Juno-Gi, but then it has been over 5 or 6 years since I sold those boards, and ye old memory is certainly not what it used to be.
I think I see 300 or so favorites stored in bank 0? Can someone please confirm for me... beyond comprehsion a company would even store 1 favorite that is not my favortie, nor less hundreds... I find it hard to believe. Thanks

Reaction score
Hi Kevs,

The procedure in the manual, quoted above, actually does work. Here's a great vid explaining it:

The FAV buttons do not work with the wheel. You can't select Fav 0 and then wheel up to Fav 1, 2, etc. The wheel takes you thru the patches or perfs in the category you are in. So if you want 15 Favs, you have to put 10 of them in Bank 0 and 5 in Bank 1, or similar. Try to divide them up into groups you use together, say, in a performance, so you don't have to switch Banks. If you use more than 10 in a single performance then yes, you will have to switch Banks at some point. Makes sense? I think they are super easy to use! The key is to get the sound you want displayed on the screen and active. If it's a factory patch, you're good to go, but if it's customized, you have to save it as a USER patch / perf first. Then get to the desired Bank, hold down the Fav button and push one of the Fav number buttons, and SHZAMMM! It should be saved.

Jeremy
Jeremy, thanks, let s not get into patches. I'm a newbie, just trying to store 15 favorites into bank 0 for easy access. I spent a month, going through the 360 synth sounds and found my 15. So store 15 into bank 0, but you don't access with wheel? How do you access? ANd do I see 300+ favorites there now? Totally lost. Find hard to believe Roland would put 350 favorties in bank 0 of which I have no interest. Thanks for helping... Lost without you guys!

Reaction score
Kevs, did you watch that video? Ed Diaz 'splains the feature perfectly.

Favs are ONLY accessed by pushing the 10 Fav buttons, along with being in one of 10 Fav banks. No wheel. Just buttons 0 thru 9, front and center, under the display. Bank 0 can ONLY contain 10 Favs. Bank 1 can also contain 10 Favs, and so on. So if you save the PercOrganJU factory patch to, say Bank 0 Fav 3, you access it by pushing the Fav button, check if you are in Bank 0, then push the "3" button.

I assure you, there are NOT 350 Favs stored in Bank 0. The machine only stores 100 Favs total: 10*10=100
Make sense?

Reaction score
Thanks Jeremy, "Makes sense?" No none of it makes sense at all. I'm sure in 5 min on phone it would do it -- but not here with your text/ writing.

There is not one sentence you wrote I can follow. I just turned on Juno, and tried again. Lost. Each intruction in their manual contradicts one before. If someone knows this inside out and talk live on phone please PM me.. Should I try call Roland, my guess is the support is as abysmal as their manual writers.

Reaction score
Thanks Gear just seeing this now. You are saying you can only have 10 favorites, one at a times? Wow, did not know. Nothing in manual indicates that. What if you have 8 favorites from synth and 9 from piano, and a few others? Can you please do bullet list on how to proceeed? The manuel in non sensical. Need someone with good Enligh.. or phone call etc.

Reaction score
thanks, just say 5 min thinks. Help. Is there another video.. This guy races through real fast. Would take many views to understand..

" notice 1, 2 are solid, # 2 flashing... hard to follow what going on.. start...

Reaction score
I'm saying there are 100 Fav "slots"... 10 buttons, * 10 banks.

Ya gotta spend the time with that Diaz video. Watch it as many times as you need to, it's all there. After watching it several times, sit down at the juno with the vid, start and stop, do each step. Then do it again, until you understand.

All that said... I am willing to go over it with you on FB video chat. Look me up on FB, Jeremy Schneider in Tucson, AZ.

Reaction score
I would like to talk live with someone at Roland. I sent form, but company is super pathetic, even Boss pedals etc on customer service. buy maybe someone here has some back channels, numbers or emails? Thanks.

Reaction score
Kevs, I approach this carefully, respectfully and as humbly as I know how... but... do you actually want to solve the problem, learn something and understand the process you asked about? Or do you just want to complain about how nothing makes sense, Roland sucks and you just can't possibly do it?

Jeremy

Reaction score
Jeremy, thanks you help has been good. Trust me, if I can't get a phone call I will put in the hours and watch that video a lot. So your help is not to waste. But I just bought Line 6 unit for guitar, complex unit. And I got someone great on phone and he went over it live. That is 100x better for me than video. So if someone has some way to get Roland help, I have to ask. If not I will watch that video quite a lot,

Also not complaining about Roland. Stating fact. Their customer service is abysmal (I know from Boss), and I don't mind pointing that out in rare case someone from them is seeing this thread.

Low expectations, but maybe someone has an inside tip on getting through.... would help with their other products too. They don't respond to email , even their forms. Thanks again, I have that video qued up!

Reaction score
I have some presets of XPS-30 in my memory stick, I tried loading it into the Juno DS but after putting memory stock in the keyboard nothing shows up on the screen. Can some one please help me?
Thanks.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I sold my DS88 last year, but I think you have to load the patches using their editor software.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question