Keyboard amp

Reaction score
Hi guys. My name is Nik I'm a guitar player, but have been playing the accordion and piano since childhood on and off.

I just bought a cheap Yamaha DGX-200 couple of weeks ago, only to use for making songs with PC. Now, I'm really starting to enjoy just playing it. I like the sounds a lot.
However I want a better sound than what I get from just the board itself.

Would someone have anything to recommend?
I'll just use it in my small apartement, and I had a look at the Roland KC-110 (2x15W) (but haven't tried it)

Or would I be getting a better wider sound with 2 studio monitors, or something else?

Any input is appreciated

Nik

Reaction score
Hehe, I always find it amusing how people go straight to keyboard amps instead of just buying a good set of 2.1 PC speakers.

Much cheaper, and you get a great feel of the sound since you have sattelite spekaers
around you - and not a single box beneath your feet.

Go get a set of logitech 2.1 spekers... something like the X230 or the Z-323.

They are very loud and you'll never have the need to boost the volume more then 3/4 (they have an amplifier AND a subwoofer).

Oh, one more thing. Make sure you have a STEREO converter jack and plug it into the "phones" output on the keyboard

Reaction score
Hehe, I always find it amusing how people go straight to keyboard amps instead of just buying a good set of 2.1 PC speakers.

Much cheaper, and you get a great feel of the sound since you have sattelite spekaers
around you - and not a single box beneath your feet.

Go get a set of logitech 2.1 spekers... something like the X230 or the Z-323.

They are very loud and you'll never have the need to boost the volume more then 3/4 (they have an amplifier AND a subwoofer).

Oh, one more thing. Make sure you have a STEREO converter jack and plug it into the "phones" output on the keyboard
Yea I didn't really wanna get an amp. PC speakers sounds like a great idea, thanks.
Gonna let you know if I'm happy with the sound as soon as I've bought a set!

Reaction score
Yea I didn't really wanna get an amp. PC speakers sounds like a great idea, thanks.
Gonna let you know if I'm happy with the sound as soon as I've bought a set!

If it's a good set - there realy is no way you won't be satisfied :D

Reaction score
With the small keyboard amps, I kept overloading the woofer, even on the Rolands. I just needed something that would do the job in a small studio so I could hear myself live while recording a midi track (and not monitoring the midi track -- latency crap).

When I say overloading the speaker I mean a mechanical pop, not an electronic signal clip. See I don't have the lightest touch when it says "ff" or "fz".

I ended up with a Yamaha MSR-100. It works. Sounds good, and serves multiple purpose (vox, guitar w/ Line 6 POD HD). $300. It's the only one under $600 that I didn't have the overloading issue.

Reaction score
Took me a while to get to buy something.
I figured I'd take the keyboard out to my parents from time to time and play in their (very isolated) garden. So got a pair of Studiophile BX5a Deluxe.
Only tried them in my apartement so far,and can't really evaluate them as I keep it pretty quiet here, but I don't think they're gonna let me down once I can play full blast lol.

I find myself playing 95% keyboard and 5% guitar since almost a year now. I wonder how much better sax trumpet, accordion and the rest will sound on a little better keyboard. I find they sound so good already on this DGX-200. Sounds do get a lot worse as I play on higher octaves though.

Ask a Question