Keyboard for learning Piano.

Reaction score
I have basically no idea at all about anything when it comes to Piano and cant really play it at all either, but have decided to learn it , so yeah here I am. We used to have a Piano at home but I never took the time to learn it, which i kind of regret now but whatever.

I want the keyboard I am getting to have 88 keys though, (since that is what is standard for a normal piano, right?) And also to have Weighted keys to have the piano feel of it(I am a bit unsure about the "Hammer Action" keys? Obviously I am not going to playing on a level where this makes any difference anytime soon i guess, but then again i plan on keeping this keyboard for a decent amount of years, and dont really want to be regretting not having Hammer action 2 years down the road, so if anyone have any thoughts on this feel free to chime in. Apart from that I want to be able to plug it into a computer through USB. And obviously want to get as much quality as possible while paying as little as possible =P

Does some sort of keyboard stand orwhatever, to put the keyboard on, usually come with or do i buy that seperatly? Also do these types of keyboard usually come with some sort of built in speaker functionality or do they always rely on getting plugged in to some sort of external speaker/headphones/computer?

Thanks in advance for any possible help.

Reaction score
Hey. As far as I know, there is a nice Yamaha DGX-630 keyboard which has 88 weighted keys plus all the features that you've mentioned. Someone correct me if I'm wrong :)

Ask a Question