Keyboard requirements

Reaction score
I'm new to this forum, so please bear with me.

I'm searching for a keyboard that will provide me with a few basic sounds. I will be using it live and on stage. I'm NOT looking for thousands of sounds or on-board rhythms, none of that stuff.

What I require is basically what we've heard on hit songs for years now. All I require are a few piano sounds including Fender Rhodes, the Hammond B-3 sound including the Leslie high & low speed (natural sound & distorted, think: Deep Purple's "Highway Star"), Vox Continental/Farfisa organ sound, a few synthesizer sounds (think Van Halen's "Jump"), a few horn sounds (think: Beatles "Got to get you into my life").

I also require the option of splitting the keyboard providing the lower one or two registers providing a bass guitar sound - with the upper registers providing all the standard keyboard sounds I have listed above. Also a dual line out to provide the bass signal to go to one amplifier and the keyboard sounds to travel to another separate amplifier.

Also I'd to go as light-weight and as low cost (under $1,000) as possible.

The Roland Juno DI seems to fit those requirements (way too many sounds and rhythms provided, but what can you do?) - the sound recreations are pretty much right on - except I'm not sure if it provides with a dual line out.

I'll take new or used. Does anyone have any recommendations that will fit what I'm looking for???

Thanks...James

Ask a Question