KN2400 keyboard - can I hookup an SD card reader

Reaction score
Hi there,

So I have an almost 20yr old KN2400 that is still in good use, except for the disc drive. Unfortunately, it doesn’t seem to work anymore.
Has anyone had success with attaching an SD card reader with the USB input? I have the cable, but wondered if I can just purchase a stock standard card reader for it to work. Or is there a specific model of SD card reader?
I’m basically wanting to store sound settings and load it all up for performances.

Thanks in advance :)

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Nancy.

I would say no.

Your keyboards age just happens to be at the same time that the first SD cards were coming onto the market so it is highly unlikely that the operating system inside your keyboard has the ability to recognise a device like a card reader let alone the SD card itself.

That said I see that Service Manuals are still available so maybe buying one and asking someone you perhaps may know who has a knowledge of electronics to take a look at it will result in a repair being made to the storage drive.

Alternatively, after so many years of great service perhaps it is time to treat yourself to a new keyboard.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score

Ask a Question