KORG KROME - the second coming

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
You put a lot of work into that I can tell from the multiple camera angles and all. Impressive.

Also I noticed a Korg X50 sitting on the table next to the Krome. Do you notice any overlap in the sounds?

Reaction score
You put a lot of work into that I can tell from the multiple camera angles and all. Impressive.

Also I noticed a Korg X50 sitting on the table next to the Krome. Do you notice any overlap in the sounds?

Well that one was pretty easy to do compared to my earlier tunes (full metal songs - see youtube). I don't know exactly what you mean by "overlap in the sounds". Do you mean anything regarding the X50 and the Krome sounds, different patches overlapping each other in this tune (which is pretty evident anyway) or what?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
No. I meant you put a lot of work into the video editing.

As for the X50, yeah, I was asking if the two instruments, complement each other or do you find the krome and the X50 duplicating each other's patches a lot?

Reaction score
No. I meant you put a lot of work into the video editing.

As for the X50, yeah, I was asking if the two instruments, complement each other or do you find the krome and the X50 duplicating each other's patches a lot?

Indeed there are some patches in the Krome and in the X50 that are exactly the same. On the other hand according to Korg, the Krome has some sounds derived from the Kronos.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
The reason I was asking was because the X50 is supposedly a Triton Based Sound Set as is my Korg TR76. I was mainly wondering if it's worthwhile upgrading my rig to a Krome or the new Kross or not. If there are only minor differences in soundsets I'd assume it's not really worthwhile.

Ask a Question