Korg Kross 2 61 is good for beginners?

Reaction score
Can you please tell someone korg kross 61 is good good for beginners? is its a user friendly ?

Reaction score
In a word or rather in three words, yes and no.

Have you found the Korg Video Tutorials?

If not, then do watch the full series a few times before you commit to buy.

Answer Yes, If it all makes sense then to simply play a Program will give you a single instrumrnt sound and a Combi will give you multiple instrument sounds per stored location. There are masses of presets already installed so no setting up is required.

Answer No, If and when you want to use many of the features of the keyboard as it is a steep learning curve.

Do note that an amp and speakers are not fitted to the Korg Kross 2 hence you will need to budget for a pair of powered monitors or a quality set of headphones. You will also need a keyboard stand and bench plus a sheet music stand.

The real question is do you want to play Keyboard style or play a Piano, if the latter then a quality yet lowish cost digital piano such as a Yamaha DGX670 or Korg XE20 or Casio S3000 may suit you better.

Reaction score
In a word or rather in three words, yes and no.

Have you found the Korg Video Tutorials?

If not, then do watch the full series a few times before you commit to buy.

Answer Yes, If it all makes sense then to simply play a Program will give you a single instrumrnt sound and a Combi will give you multiple instrument sounds per stored location. There are masses of presets already installed so no setting up is required.

Answer No, If and when you want to use many of the features of the keyboard as it is a steep learning curve.

Do note that an amp and speakers are not fitted to the Korg Kross 2 hence you will need to budget for a pair of powered monitors or a quality set of headphones. You will also need a keyboard stand and bench plus a sheet music stand.

The real question is do you want to play Keyboard style or play a Piano, if the latter then a quality yet lowish cost digital piano such as a Yamaha DGX670 or Korg XE20 or Casio S3000 may suit you better.
Thank you... do you have anu suggestion for any keyboard in this price range ? And also we can't connect amp speaker directly to krog kross 2 ???

Reaction score
First the speakers, they need to be powered monitors and that means they have an amp built in and it is a simple matter of connecting them to the keyboard output sockets. Look at a pair of PreSonus Eris 5 and others in this price range, they will last you for years in a home environment.

As for keyboard, if the Kross 2 videos made sense to you that is great, an alternative is a Roland Juno DS and its operating system will be similar to the Korg.

Many beginners opt for an arranger keyboard and these have built in amps and speakers. Look at a Korg EK50 and Yamaha PSR E463, and again both have plenty of get you started video tutorials available. Both of these will be cheaper than a Juno or Kross. An Arranger includes auto accompaniment which is play a chord with your left hand and the keyboard plays the backing and you play the melody line with your right hand.

Reaction score
First the speakers, they need to be powered monitors and that means they have an amp built in and it is a simple matter of connecting them to the keyboard output sockets. Look at a pair of PreSonus Eris 5 and others in this price range, they will last you for years in a home environment.

As for keyboard, if the Kross 2 videos made sense to you that is great, an alternative is a Roland Juno DS and its operating system will be similar to the Korg.

Many beginners opt for an arranger keyboard and these have built in amps and speakers. Look at a Korg EK50 and Yamaha PSR E463, and again both have plenty of get you started video tutorials available. Both of these will be cheaper than a Juno or Kross. An Arranger includes auto accompaniment which is play a chord with your left hand and the keyboard plays the backing and you play the melody line with your right hand.
Thank you again for helping me to take a decision. one more doubt (An Arranger includes auto accompaniment which is play a chord with your left hand and the keyboard plays the backing and you play the melody line with your right hand) this is not possible in kross 2???

Reaction score
In a word No.

Auto accompaniment is only available in Arrangers at this price point and with some digital pianos and in particular this features is included in those I quoted in the previous post.

The Kross 2 and other workstation/synths do include a large number of drum beat/rhythm tracks that can be used within backing.

If you can elaborate on what you wish to seek by way of skill level then advice can be tailored more specifically.

What I am leading to is that the Kross and others of this type have synth action keybeds where a digital piano have a heavier weighted hammer action keybed more akin to an acoustic piano. Hence if piano playing is your goal then a digital piano will serve you better since they are more suited to expressive playing. If you want to play synths and ultimately play in a group then the Kross or similar will do you well.

Reaction score
i am a beginner keyboardist. i know how to play alone with background music and all. still need to improve more. i need to improve my skills and learn more. currently using Arranger keyboard.. i need same kind of playing and need to improve us well. can you suggest some keyboards for me.? ineed to play chords, background musics and play some movie songs with background music etc...

and also how is korg PA300 then ? or Yamaha PSR SX-600?

Reaction score
What are you currently using?

If it is a Yamaha E series then an SX 600 is not likely to be a big enough leap for you the SX700 would be a better choice.

Honestly unless you can find one second hand in good order and at a good ie cheap price forget the Pa300 it is a very basic and old model

As you have an arranger why not continue with that and add a Korg Kross or Roland Juno DS, both offer you a wide choice of sounds and features.

If you decide on upgrading your arranger then if you are used to Yamaha then the SX700 may be easier of a transition, I am a Korg fan and I moved from a Yamaha to my Pa700 and it took a lot of effort to get comfortable with the Korg OS but once that curve was climbed operating the OS and Navigating the menu system became fery quick and fluid.

Reaction score
i am currently using e373. so your suggestion i sx700 or keep this same and buy one kross?

can you please suggest korg arrangers us well so i will compare. i feel sx700 is bit expensive. its worth for that price?

Reaction score
I am in the UK where a Korg Pa700 is £980 inc Tax and a Yamaha PSR SX700 is also £980.

An SX600 is c£630 so quite a bit cheaper, I have no idea about its spec, you are on your own with researching that.

You make the choice, spend the cash and play.

Good luck

Reaction score
Can you please tell someone korg kross 61 is good good for beginners? is its a user friendly ?
I think it is. I have a hard time with new keyboards but I also have fun with them, too. I'm not a great player but the settings like Combi make this keyboard worth playing and I bought this when it was new. If you can audition it before buying it see if you like the sounds and if you don't mind only 61 keys to play it. I think it's good for songwriting, too.

Reaction score
I think it is. I have a hard time with new keyboards but I also have fun with them, too. I'm not a great player but the settings like Combi make this keyboard worth playing and I bought this when it was new. If you can audition it before buying it see if you like the sounds and if you don't mind only 61 keys to play it. I think it's good for songwriting, too.

Reaction score
Thank you for you help. Can you tell me accompaniment is possible in this keyboard which is play a chord with your left hand and the keyboard plays the backing and you play the melody line with your right hand.?

Reaction score
No Jeff the Kross does not have auto accompaniment, to have a backing track you will need to start an MP3 or WAV file and play along with it.

There is a way of having auto accompaniment on any keyboard as long as you have an iPad and the connectivity and that is to use an App called Xmure.

Ask a Question