Korg Kross 61 for beginner?

Reaction score
Hi guys! I've decided to learn keyboard (i'm a bedroom-player guitarist xD) I'm looking for something to start but im totally new to keyboards and know nothing about equipment and would like some help.
I like the Kross 61, is it a good match? wich should i buy ? Any suggestions are appreciated

This is for you to compare prices, im from argentina, and this is our "ebay"

(i cant put links, but check mercadolibre)

My budget is that, 10000 argentinian pesos

Please forgive my poor English

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Kross 61 is a good choice for a beginner. Reasonably priced and a good set of professional quality sounds.

But overall it depends on what styles of music you wish to play. Korgs are very good at electro pop and electronica and progressive rock style sounds.

Also do you plan to take lessons and do you plan to focus on learning to play piano styles? If so then a Kross 88 might be a better choice. Or a Casio Privia PX-5S.

Lastly just to let you know, a guitar amp won't cut it for a keyboard. The line levels and frequency response are all wrong. You'll also have to buy a keyboard amp or a good pair of studio monitors for it.

Since I don't know the currency exchange rates I can't say if 10 thousand pesos is a good price or a bad one but you'll have to determine your local market on your own anyway.

Gary

Reaction score
Thank you Gary for answering the question. The Kross 88 is out of my reach, it's 15k pesos
But overall it depends on what styles of music you wish to play. Korgs are very good at electro pop and electronica and progressive rock style sounds.
That's great, These are exactly the styles that im wishing to play.

About the price, i thing its reasonable keeping in mind the argentinian economy where things cost twice or even much more than they cost in usa.

Can I start with headphones or a pair of krk rokit 5, or do i need something better ?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
A good set of headphones or a pair of Rokit 5's will do just fine for a bedroom studio.

Gary

Ask a Question