Korg M3 Komponent

Reaction score
Looking for 61 Key Korg M3 Keybed!!!

I own the Fantom G8 and am coming to the conclusion that I would be more satisfied with the Korg M3. The only thing I feel I'll truly miss from my G8 is the wonderful patch remain feature. But there are so many other factors that I find better with the M3 that I think I will be ok with just getting used to the lack of patch remain again, as I was with my X50 which I used prior to buying my G8. When I go to get the M3 I intend to get the 88 key version. I play in a band, and some of the shows we play don't really have all that much stage room. So as you can imagine, 88 keys can be quite a nuisance in such situations. I contacted Korg to find out if it would be possible to purchase a 61 key keybed without the module, so that I could simply move the module from the 88 key bed to the 61 key. They replied saying that they do not sell the keybeds seperately. I personally don't see why they wouldn't be willing to allow special orders for seperate keybeds. But, I still intend to get the 88 key version. We've made do so far with the size of my G8.
Now, my main interest and reason for posting this thread is that I'm still interested in finding a way to get a 61 key keybed. If there is anyone willing to give up their 61 key keybed for a price, I would be greatly interested in getting in touch with you. My email is:

(e-mail address removed)

If you hold any interest at all, please contact me so it can be discussed further!

Reaction score
You could just buy either the 61-key version or the 88-key version (your choice) and then buy a MIDI controller with the appropriate amount of keys (61 keys if you buy the 88 key M3, and vice versa). Only downside with that is that you might not find a MIDI controller with a ribbon, but it's more likely that you find anything at all.

That's just another alternative, you could wait some time first to see if you find someone who's willing to sell their keybed. But it is always good to have several options in case something fails :p

Reaction score
Well I do intend to buy the 88 key version. After having the full 88 weighted keys on my Fantom G8, I feel spoiled and don't really want synth keys :D. So, I'll wait and hope to find someone willing to sell their 61 key bed, but in the mean time, I do have my Korg X50 I can use as a MIDI controller. I'd just prefer to have the vector joystick and ribbon controller at all times :).

Reaction score
Well...I've decided to just go with the 73 key version. But I'm gonna have to sell my Fantom by myself, cause Guitar Center sucks! They wanted to give me $1500 for the Fantom and case together. My Fantom is in perfect condition and even has 512 Mb upgrade! I wanted to tell the guy where he could go shove it! ;)

Ask a Question