KORG TR or Fantom X6

Reaction score
Hi Frnds!!
Actually im owning psr 1500 and now I want to purchase workstation. I play indian songs. I was about to buy Korg TR but one of my frnd told me have look at fantom X6. THats made me confused. Can u pls tell me which one is better?? My budget is $1500.
Thanks

Reaction score
Hello there.

Although I have not used either of these exact models, I have owned both of their closest relatives - Triton Le & Fantom FA76.
If I had to choose between them I would go for the Triton (or TR) every time.

Why?... mainly because (in my opinion) the Korg sounds are nicer than Rolands, but also because the Korg is easier to use.

What I would stress though is, if at all possible, you should personally test ANY musical instrument before you buy.

I've fallen into that trap before & regretted it... some instruments you feel comfortable with and others you don't. Only you can decide that, so by all means take advice where you can but in the end it's YOU who will be using the thing!

I hope this helps.

Reaction score
Hey thanks man!! If I go to purchase TR what else should I ask to them along with keyboard like somesoftware or something like that?? actually i want to use TR for live performance and for studio!!!

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry too much for now about software - the TR has plenty of stuff to keep you occupied for some time!
If you are looking to 'accessorise', I would say the first thing you should get is a good foot pedal (or pedals). This makes a huge difference to how you can shape your playing.
A good pair of headphones is also something to consider - apart from not disturbing all around you, you get the full benefit of stereo.

Reaction score
Hi Ben, I've just checked out your myspace page & I'm impressed (do I get advertising royalties for this???!!!!!!!)
Out of curiosity, what keyboard/voice are you using for the lead on 'symphony for synth in E' ?
Thanks for backing me up on the 'ease of use' point - why do Roland make stuff so arse-about-tit to use??

Reaction score
Hi Ben, I've just checked out your myspace page & I'm impressed (do I get advertising royalties for this???!!!!!!!)
Out of curiosity, what keyboard/voice are you using for the lead on 'symphony for synth in E' ?
Thanks for backing me up on the 'ease of use' point - why do Roland make stuff so arse-about-tit to use??

Hahahaha....thanks :)

The lead voices I use on "Symphony" are Mini Lead with Portamento from Motif Classic and the 2 leads toward the end is called a mono lead off an old Korg X3. :)

And yes, Roland interface looks cool and that's about it...lolz

Ask a Question