Kross 2 as MIDI Controller

Reaction score
i wish a buy a new Kross 2. can we use kross 2 knobs and pads as midi controller (like akai mpk mini) knobs and trigger pads

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I'm not sure about the pads, but from the ads and reviews it sounds like the pads are for triggering audio samples and can't generate MIDI events-- so, possibly "no" with regard to the pads, unless perhaps they can trigger MIDI Notes for playing drum kits.

The two assignable knobs should generate MIDI CC events if assigned to Cutoff/Resonance or Attack/Release, and probably also if assigned to effects levels, but I'm not sure. If assigned to Tempo then they probably affect the rate of the MIDI clock.

The assignable Pitch Bend and Modulation wheels should also generate MIDI events.

What are you wanting to control with it? DAWs and soft synths usually let you map their functions to specific types of MIDI events.

If you have detailed questions about the Kross 2, you might want to contact Korg for answers.

Reaction score
Reaction score
@SeaGtGruff will check with Korg Support.
@Biggles i need to assign pads and knobs to DAW with plugins. Thanks a lot for both.
I need an midi keyboard controller and a workstation . If Kross 2 knobs and pads works as midi controller knobs and pads I will end with single Kross 2 purchase. Is Kross 2 pads velocity sensitive. Is any keyboard which works as a workstation or synth as well as full fledged midi controller capability ?

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I believe the Kurzweil PC4 is a full-fledged MIDI controller as well as a workstation, by which I mean that all (or very nearly all) of its panel controls can transmit MIDI messages.

In contrast, on most instruments there are some panel controls which can transmit MIDI messages, and others which are strictly for controlling functions on the instrument and cannot transmit MIDI messages.

Reaction score
I am new to DAW. Currently using Reaper for learning. I am looking for around 700$ range workstation which also act as a full midi controller.

Ask a Question