Kurzweil k2500X/ Triton Le 88

Reaction score
Hey guys!:D I'm in a dilemma. I've found the two above mentioned keyboards for sale and I have a hard time deciding which one to buy. I intend to use the keyboard in a cover band and eventually playing our own stuff. The thing I need most is being able to switch through patches at the press of the pedal (like Jordan Rudess) and I don't know if both boards can do the same thing :confused:

I should mention that the Triton has 64 mb of memory and the sampling option installed. The Kurzweil might actually come with the additional Contemporary and Orchestral ROMs.

So which do you suggest I buy?

Reaction score
Both quite old as far as keyboards go. Sounds are perfectly giggable/recordable on both - but what state is the hardware in?

Could be absolutely fine if they've been looked after. Have you seen either and played them?

What price? There's talk of some dumpage going on if the new Kronos is good - read a few posts about people replacing their entire rig with one.

If there are a lot of keyboard players where you are - it may shortly become a good market for 2nd hand buyers.

Reaction score
The Korg is 685 euros and the Kurzweil is 1200 euros. I've seen some pictures of the korg and it's missing the on/off button cap, but it works and it also comes with a case.

You might have a point with people selling their keyboard to get the new Kronos, but i'll just have to wait a little.

But still, which one would suggest I buy?

Reaction score
Hardly bargains at those prices.

I'd wait.

If your cash is burning a hole in your pocket - the Kurzweil - but that's a crazy price (IMO).

Ask a Question