Lightweight keyboard amps

Reaction score
As to the Amps thing... if a single amp can't be lightweight, then maybe the components can be in separate boxes? so at least each box is smaller & can be carried against the body rather than having to lug all of it in one huge ungainly box.

...this is kind of what I suggested w/the Barbetta Sona 31c's - only 32lbs. (which is comparitively light) but way powerful, yet if you bring two of them, you have a nice stereo setup! ;)

BTW -
If the Peavey amp is only 20lbs. yet you're having trouble moving/lifting that one, Laura - then you're in quite a jam, 'cause they only get heavier. Anything under 50lbs. is considered light in the world of live sound and amplification, believe it or not... :eek:

Maybe once your back sprain heals you can do some weightlifting to strengthen your upper body or something... sounds like you're a little person to begin with so I sympathize, as I am small too (5' 7", 155 lbs.) but I have to grin and bear it, 'cause I'm a man...! :D

Reaction score
If the Peavey amp is only 20lbs. yet you're having trouble moving/lifting that one, Laura - then you're in quite a jam, 'cause they only get heavier. Anything under 50lbs. is considered light in the world of live sound and amplification, believe it or not... :eek:

Yeah, that was the problem, I had dreams of playing keys with a band, but perhaps I'm outta luck. :(:(:( Still I have to wonder if there isn't some technology on the horizon that could free us from the bondage of backbreaking amps. Heck, keyboards also used to be crushingly heavy; now they only weigh 10 lbs or so, even I can carry mine!!! So I wonder what was different, and wehter some genius in the Peavey factory might come up with a revolutionary digital alternative to the 50 lb amp.

After all, people said a lot of things just 'couldn't be done', but eventually were.

Reaction score
Yeah, that was the problem, I had dreams of playing keys with a band, but perhaps I'm outta luck. :(:(:( Still I have to wonder if there isn't some technology on the horizon that could free us from the bondage of backbreaking amps. Heck, keyboards also used to be crushingly heavy; now they only weigh 10 lbs or so, even I can carry mine!!! So I wonder what was different, and wehter some genius in the Peavey factory might come up with a revolutionary digital alternative to the 50 lb amp.

After all, people said a lot of things just 'couldn't be done', but eventually were.

Ok but any keyboard weighing 10lbs. is not a professional level keyboard. The lightest-weight 'boards that are any decent at all are 32lbs. on up... I have a Roland FP2, full 88 keys, weighs only 32 lbs. - but I'm looking to upgrade from it to a Yamaha S90ES, much heavier (52lbs.?) and wider but beautiful sounds covering everything I need on gigs. :)

Reaction score
Ok but any keyboard weighing 10lbs. is not a professional level keyboard. The lightest-weight 'boards that are any decent at all are 32lbs. on up... I have a Roland FP2, full 88 keys, weighs only 32 lbs. - but I'm looking to upgrade from it to a Yamaha S90ES, much heavier (52lbs.?) and wider but beautiful sounds covering everything I need on gigs. :)

heh heh.... you're way more professional than I'll ever be. I'd just be happy to play my lightweight Yamaha MM6 with some friends at a local place.

I thought the new 61 key boards like the Yamaha Motif were lightweight. I know the old ones are back breakers.

Reaction score
Laura

Use one of these and if you have a 4door, put the amp in back seat without much lifting.

IMG%5D

And play through the PA is your best bet. You can always buy a Micro amp to use as your own monitor but it won't compete with the other instruments.
Laura%20%20Use%20one%20of%20these%20and%20if%20you%20have%20a%204door,%20put%20the%20amp%20in%20back%20seat%20without%20much%20lifting.

Reaction score
Re: light weight keyboard

Key board is used to play a pleasant music so that we can keep our mind peaceful and happily.Now a days it is available in advanced version and it is easy to handle the keyboard. It is an hand held musical instrument.

Blaze Infotech

Ask a Question