Midi help with Windows 10

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
BTW, it is a possibility that the 3rd Sysex file is corrupt. Any chance you could locate the file from a different source?

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
It's been a long while since I've used Spectre but as I recall it was pretty straightforward. Just download and follow the manual and the readmes on the Waldorf site.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Ok great, it seems very easy. I downloaded the file from the Kurzweil website and I tried from a CD that was supplied with the classic keys rom. I will try and see if I can get it from somewhere else.

Thanks
Again/

Oh by the way...I just picked up a Blofeld and haven't dove into it yet, I cant wait.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
BTW, just to be certain, when it hangs on the third file, it may be calculating checksums and decompressing data so it may be simply that you are not giving it enough time to complete the upgrade.

My advice is to start the upgrade, go to the point where it hangs and wait a FULL 45 mins to an hour before pulling the plug.

Also if your Kurzweil is anything like mine, there was a dual upgrade a while back including two files. First the bootloader program and secondly the actual firmware itself.

Check if there's an upgrade for the bootloader for your machine first.

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
And the Blofeld is a terrific little synth. I wouldn't trade mine for all the tea in China. :)

(I'm more of a coffee drinker anyway :D )

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Ok I will.

I most certainly didn't even wait 5 minutes after it got done downloading....haha...I suppose I was anctious to see the done message.

There is a Bootloader with the file, I didn't update because the screen said 2.0 on the boot loader, but I will try and up date that priot to the OS

Thanks Again

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Believe me. Thousands if not hundreds of thousands of people have bricked their machines doing firmware updates without reading all the readme files and through sheer impatience waiting for the process to complete.

Luckily Kurzweil uses a separate bootloader else your machine would already be toast after the first failed update.

If you want to see what sort of horror stories can transpire simply google "Casio XW-P1 firmware update gone bad," to see what I'm talking about.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Yup, I hear yah on that...Now I haven't dived into it yet but, back ago I had the Waldorf Q and a wave table xt and man oh man I wish I never got rid of them!

I'm thinking on acquiring a pulse II. I can get one for $400.00 only used in studio.......But I'm not sure what the pulse will give me other than dedicated wave synth than the blofeld wont.

Ask a Question