MO8 Parts Question

Reaction score
Hey people. This is my first post. Please forgive me if this has been covered I searched but didn't find anything. Also I've been all over Google, eBay, and the manuals so that why I'm here.

Anybody know a Mouser or Digikey (or some other site I'm not in the know about) part number for the four mod knobs on an MO8? They are the Cutoff, Resonance, Attack and Release knobs. In the MO8 service manual they are part numbers VR6, VR7, VR8 and VR9. All listed as yamaha part number V4102900 and I guess their original manufacturer part number is B10.0K RK11K114D0F. I am having the worst time finding this thing. I know it's on the Syntaur site but it's almost 10x the cost of similar ALPS stuff on Digikey and Mouser. Any thoughts?

B

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Just measure the pot shafts with a caliper and buy some standard knobs from Mouser or Digikey.

Unless you have some truly pressing need for exact factory replacements I really don't understand why you are hung up on finding them?

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Hey, thanks for the reply. Unfortunately it's not that simple. These are rotary potentiometers with 4 pins (it's how they handle modifying multiple digital values with one pot), a center tap and center detent, 2 mounting poles, and I think 2 ground points. Very specific.

Attachments

• MO8Pot.jpg
    MO8Pot.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 409
Reaction score
This is a data sheet for a series that may have a possible replacement but I still can't find one for sale that's not $10 for a single pot from a specialty site or $7 ea shipped from Israel off eBay.

Attachments

• RK11K.pdf
    194.6 KB · Views: 380

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Music gear is expensive. A Motif MO8 had a list price close to 2 grand or more when it was new.

Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and pay retail for a custom part.

I'd suggest you just bite the bullet and pay the Syntaur price for the sake of keeping your beloved keyboard in proper operating condition.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
I hear that and I may but I bought this specifically to flip, no attachment to it whatsoever. Trying to keep my costs down. And this is the only thing keeping me from turning a decent profit. And yeah at some point I will just accept that I am gonna have to put $50something more in it but all I have to do is find the right part on DK or Mouser and instead of $50something it will be <$10 shipped.

Reaction score
Well without being able to determine what the D0F on the end of the part number meant I decided to go with the Yamaha24x7 site at the suggestion of a helpful person on the Motifator forums. You can order by Yamaha part number and if something has been retired it tells you the part number for whatever superseded it. Plus the $6.66 price was better than some other places I've found it and I thought it was fitting since it was such a hellish search.

Ask a Question