My USB keeps disconnecting after few minutes of use

Reaction score
Fixing the “USB drive Keeps Disconnecting and reconnecting” is not as difficult as you think. But remember, before formatting your USB you should try some working ways to solve this problem. So, here I’ve mentioned one effective solution that is to run the chkdsk command. By following the steps of chkdsk, you can deal with such problem:
  • First, press the “Win + R” to open a Run
  • Type the cmd and press the Enter to open Command Prompt.
  • Now, type in chkdsk C: /f /r /x & hit Enter.
I hope this solution will help you out to resolve USB drive Keeps Disconnecting and reconnecting error. Good luck…!

Reaction score
Update on my Yamaha PSR S700

I had the trouble with USB few years ago, my keyboard would connect and disconnect USB for no reason, and I eventually gave up on fixing the problem, until recently when I found out that previous owner have modified the keyboard connection between USB and the keyboard's computer.

He put 2.0 USB box that sits between USB port and keyboard's computer in order to make loading of files from USB quicker and faster. He soldered regular wire onto the USB connector on the board and cut the board circuit trace so connection is only possible trough the 2.0 USB box, he simply rerouted connection.

Troublemaker is the connector from USB port that plugs into that USB 2.0 Box. If you wobble it little harder it loses connection and keyboard goes crazy with all those error messages, so all I had to do is to make sure that connector sits tight and doesn't move, I used some tape and that eventually fixed the problem.

Ask a Question