Nautilus/Kronos slope/Fade

Reaction score
I am playing a Korg Nautilus 88. Playing a piano patch and would like fade in strings during chorus and fade out strings during verse.

I like the key velocity option which works however, the strings are not fading in…just seems more of a on/off feel. It also seems like the sustain pedal isn’t helping the strings sustain with chord transitions.

My combi patch:
Timbre 1: Piano. C-1 to G9
Timbre 2: Strings C-1 to F3 … pitch +24; Key Vel 92
Timbre 3: Strings C-1 to Fs … pitch +24; Key Vel 92

Not sure how to use the key zone slope option.

Anyone who can assist with my fade in fade out strings dilemma would be greatly appreciated!

Reaction score
I am playing a Korg Nautilus 88. Playing a piano patch and would like fade in strings during chorus and fade out strings during verse.

I like the key velocity option which works however, the strings are not fading in…just seems more of a on/off feel. It also seems like the sustain pedal isn’t helping the strings sustain with chord transitions.

My combi patch:
Timbre 1: Piano. C-1 to G9
Timbre 2: Strings C-1 to F3 … pitch +24; Key Vel 92
Timbre 3: Strings C-1 to Fs … pitch +24; Key Vel 92

Not sure how to use the key zone slope option.

Anyone who can assist with my fade in fade out strings dilemma would be greatly appreciated!
Any ideas regarding using Slope option under the key zone tab?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but violins, cellos, etc. should not respond to channel velocity because they do not function that way in an orchestra, I don't think they can be played pianissimo or forte in real life. This would apply to any bowed instrument. Instead you'll have to use channel volume however it's implemented on the Nautilus.

Your instrument is too authentic :)

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but violins, cellos, etc. should not respond to channel velocity because they do not function that way in an orchestra, I don't think they can be played pianissimo or forte in real life. This would apply to any bowed instrument. Instead you'll have to use channel volume however it's implemented on the Nautilus.

Your instrument is too authentic :)

Gary ;)
Thanks Gary for your input! It seems with all this technology, there would be an easy way to fade in strings. Perhaps I can go back to the Program, edit the attack time, save that with a new patch name and then build a combi. Long way around but going to see if that works.

Thanks again for taking time to respond to my initial thread!

Ask a Question