Need a great piano

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I've got a great keyboard rig that I use for gigs. I use a Studiologic VMK188plus and a Studiologic VMK161plus for my controllers. In my rack, i have a Receptor loaded with NI Komplete. Also in the rack are a Korg Triton Rack and an ancient Yamaha TG77. It's a large, but killer rig. The problem is that I don't need all of that for playing at church which is every Sunday and carrying a 200+lb 20 space shockmount rack to church every Sunday is getting really old!

I want to purchase a keyboard, new or used, to keep at church. The problem is that the Native Instruments Akoustik Piano has really got me spoiled. I now listen to the Korg Triton piano which i was happy with for years and years and it now sounds like my first Casio from the mid-80's when put up against the Receptor's Akoustik Piano plugin. Not that i'm knocking my first Casio; I learned Van Halen Jump along with every keyboard track off of 5150 on that piece of crap!

Anyway, I need a fairly simple keyboard for church. I want a killer piano, strings for a piano/string patch, and some organs. Thats what is most important. Do any of y'all have any suggestions on what I should look into? Any help and advise would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks everyone!
Dale Moose

Reaction score
You have great gear must agree with goz211 ^^ but if you want to have some cool sounds and really expandable variation for organ i would say Nord, but if you dont want to buy it, let me know i could send you some sample VST of the keyboard so you could give it a shot also Crazy Diamonds.

From piano and strings i would most definitely go from OASYS, M3 (also has amazing organs) or Kurzweil PC3 family.

From VST's Hypersonic is really fantastic, so is the DSK Strings and Edirol, + Korg Legacy collection its actually M1, MS-20, Polysix, Wavestation + LegacyCell, pretty much if you get there you will be covered for good in my opinion and taste.
Hope I helped out

Ask a Question