Need a keyboard for a beginner that can connect to IOS

Reaction score
I am looking for a keyboard that is good for a beginner. I am looking for one that is compatible with IOS. Would like to be able to use Apps like Skoove or Simply piano. I am currently in the Philippines and have been to many stores but unfortunately none of the people that works in the store have any clue of what to do or which model is best to get. Does any one here know which one to get? Brand? Model? And how to connect the keyboard to Ipad or phone? Thanks.

Reaction score
Welcome.

Skoove and Simply Piano and the other App of the well know trio Flowkey all are aimed at teaching people to play Piano which is a bit if a different technique to playing a keyboard.

A digital piano such as one from Yamaha, Casio, Korg or Roland should fit your needs. Select one that meets your budget and come back to use with what the budget is and we can be more specific.

I have a Yamaha P121 which has 73 hammer action keys, these are similar to what you would find on an acoustic piano.

My P121 is connected via a standard A to B USB lead (the type used to connect a USB printer) to a genuine Apple Camera Adaptor which plugs into the Lightning socket on my iPad.

Once plugged in and powered on it just works. When I bought my Yamaha it came with three months free use of Flowkey which did not need any setup, it simply worked.

Other manufacturers also offer free periods using an App and each manufacturer has their own App that interfaces with its digital piano.

Reaction score
Thank you. Would you know if the Yamaha PSR E363 or PSR E463 is suitable? Thanks

Reaction score
They should be, plenty of members here have them. If you search the forum you will find a lot of questions about E series keyboards.

The 463 would be the better buy agains the 363 due it having more features also consider the EW410 which has 76 keys, btw non of these have the hammer action keys which would be more desirable for learning to play piano but if using the Apps is just a means to an end of learning to play keyboard then it is not to important.

At the price point of a 463 there is also a Korg EK50 and Casio’s CTX3000 & WK7600 that you could consider.

Reaction score
They should be, plenty of members here have them. If you search the forum you will find a lot of questions about E series keyboards.

The 463 would be the better buy agains the 363 due it having more features also consider the EW410 which has 76 keys, btw non of these have the hammer action keys which would be more desirable for learning to play piano but if using the Apps is just a means to an end of learning to play keyboard then it is not to important.

At the price point of a 463 there is also a Korg EK50 and Casio’s CTX3000 & WK7600 that you could consider.
Thank you.

Ask a Question