need advice on 88 key usb midi controller

Reaction score
i am running reason 4 on my pc and am looking for an 88 key midi controller to use with it. i would like to spend under or right around 600. so far what im leaning towards is the keystation pro 88. any advice would be great.

Reaction score
The M-audio prokeys 88 is a great midi controller as far as key touch goes, the one downside is that it doesn't have many midi controls(i.e. programmable knobs,faders). It's weighted, comes with 14 onboard sounds, and sells for just under $600US. I was recently in Sam Ash looking for a midi controller myself, and the salesman informed me that Edirol will soon be replacing the keybed of the PCR-300,500,800 with the keybed from the Fantom G8 workstation. The Edirol controllers have lots of programmable controls, and coupled with the new keybed ,which has yet to be released, it would make for a very nice all around controller.

Ask a Question