Need advice to buy a keyboard

Reaction score
Its my firts post in this forum so first of all, Hi to everyone!

I would like to learn to play piano and im thinking about a keyboard couse I cant afford a classic acoustic piano, i dont have room eoungh and becouse in a keyboard i could use earphones so i wont anoy my neightbours and family.
I already learnt to play guitar, so i have some experience with instruments and some music knowledge.
I need advise to buy one, I saw a yamaha basic keyboard (100 Pounds) with 61 keys and i dont know if this is ok to start.
My goal is not to play in agroup or to become a master (for now), just learn to play some arrengemets for piano of the songs i like listening to, and some classic pieces.
So, what should i take in consideration to buy one? what keyboard would you recomend in my situation?

Thanks to averyone

Reaction score
I find these less expensive keyboards to be very good for learning and jamming with friends. My Yamaha YPT-300 only weighs about 6 pounds, I easily carry it to parties with friends, it has hundreds of voices and drum tracks and sounds good. I'm learning at home with it. A keyboard player that I know - she has a $ 1000 keyboard and has played in bands and weddings and she's a really good player - she's been using my keyboard and now she wants to get something similar as a second instrument.

Alejandro, you might visit some music equipment retail websites where people post comments on various model keyboards such as http://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-Personal-Keyboard-Professional-Headphones/dp/B002OHE4S6

Ask a Question