Need some beginners advice

Reaction score
Hi!

I'm a 20 year old guy from Norway, and i've really been wanting to learn to play keyboard/piano for some time. I have played bass guitar for a few years, but when it comes notes, scales etc im pretty nooby.
So, my first question is; should i learn some music theory before starting to learn to play the keyboard?

And what kind of keyboard do you reckon i should start off with? brand etc.
I'm thinking i shouldnt start off with a midi keyboard, but then again, im a beginner so i wouldnt really know.

Also id really appriciate any tips that could help me along the way, i'm pretty clueless about everything really.

Cheers!

Reaction score
If you have a good ear for music then I would just sit down and work out some songs that you like...you said that you played bass so you know how progressions go and in what key...so you can find chord charts almost anywhere if you google them up...start getting use to all the chords in most of the keys...then figure out the song chords from there...then work on specific leads. Music training is good but if you have a good ear and can pick out notes you shouldn't have much of a problem developing your own style.

Ask a Question