Need suggestions on a deck for a europe/jamaica tour

Reaction score
hey everybody, nice to meet y'all, and thanks in advance!

the reggae band i just got hired by (i-TEGRiTY from atlanta, ga) is going to be doing 70 shows in europe and then 20 some odd in jamaica in the fall and so I need a new keyboard to replace my rhodes, clav, and synths and get down to 2 decks. Basically, I need an Electro....only I really don't like them. The "drawbars" suck, and I hate the way the keys feel. Did some research to see what else was out there, and in the next few weeks I'll be submitting to either Hammond or Korg (or both depending on what i hear about the decks!) for an endorsement for the tour. So here's where my head's at, let me know you's guys' thoughts....

I currently play a Korg CK-3 (CX-3? i get 'em confused) hammond sim that i absolutely love. i've always liked the sound of it waaay better than the XB-2, not that the XB's bad. I've heard that the SV-1's got amazing keys, rhodes sounds, and is really easy to use....from the 1 person i've found that's actually played one. what i really wanna know is...how's the clav? how's the onboard wah? and how are the analog synths on it? if i go the korg route (and get the endorsement!) i'll only have to buy the one new deck, as well....really don't want to have to deal with multi-brand endorsements. did that a few years ago and it was really confusing and stressful remembering who's banner went where and...just ugh.

the hammond sk-1 also looks promising, but i can't find anybody who's touched or heard one. at all! and i'd have to buy an xb, but then again new instruments are always fun and it would allow me to leave my beloved Korg in the states and on the ground!

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
shoot, forgot...

does anybody know what the inputs on the SV-1 are for?

and how hard would it be to set it up so that on certain patches i have both keyboards set so they're the upper and lowers of the organ? never had 2 midi boards in the rig before, but i think this would be possible...and really handy!

Ask a Question