New to modules

Reaction score
Hello everyone boy am i glad to find a good keyforum!
you guys need to help me!

i have a big question i need help with MIDI! i think...
i bought a Korg Triton rack module. and im running my roland juno-d threw it using the roland as a controller.

my goal is to buy a good quality midi controler with wieghted keys like the 61 key Maudio just becasue i love the keys and im sick of my junos feel. and to have a good sound module that is easy to use, ive had the Triton rack for 24 hours and im thinking its not my cup of tea and i dont know how to use it at all! BUT i want to still have like 3 or 4 sounds from my juno-d how can i basicly... put the juno-d sounds into the korg module (or another good module) and then get a nice midi controler and play my old juno-d sounds and what ever is on the module.
i have 30 days to return the rack. it was used and got it for 400$

if this helps, i play in a metal band sounds like sonata artica and children of bodom all i want is some strong lead sounds and backing chord sounds.

please help what should i do!! thank you so much!!

Reaction score
You're generally unable to "load" sounds from one brand of instrument to another...So, loading your roland sounds into the korg wont work i dont thnk....If the korg has sampling capabilities, you might be able to sample it into the korg, depending on how much sample ram it has...But lke i said, i dont even know for sure the triton rack has that capability....

The other option would be to buy another roland board that uses the same file extensions as the Juno-D.....to really get your question answered you could ask these guys here: http://forums.rolandclan.info/

I own a roland juno G but dont really know enough about it yet but where roland questions are concerned, the link above should tell you what you need to know

Reaction score
Midi just sends data,not audio.For example,in a midi set up,whenever you hit a key on your Juno,this sends data,which is actually sending commands for the sound programs in your triton rack to play.

I'm pretty certain that Keyplayer is right,in that there is no sampling capabilities in the Triton rack.

I do believe though,that the new Korg M3 rack has sampling and an audio recorder in it-but of course,you'll have to shell out 2 grand for that beast.

Ask a Question