Outputs on PC36

Reaction score
Not following what your question really is.

The outputs are stereo, so the sounds intended to go left go out the left output jack, same concept for the right. Voices in a program are assignable on the output page and can be placed anywhere in the stereo field, i.e. hard left, hard right, 72% left, 28% right, etc.. Negative value assignments pan the voice towards the left, positive value assignments pan the voice to the right. This assignment is for each individual voice within the program, so if you have a brass program with sax, trumpet, trombone, each one of those can be panned differently.

Is this the answer to your question?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
He might be asking if it's possible to sweep dynamically between channels such as you can do with a Stereeo Dynamic Pan Pedal.

This one from Ernie Ball seems to be the best rated from the small assortment out there.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/ernie-ball-6165-stereo-volume-pan-pedal

Otherwise the MIDI spec allows for the pan setting of an instrument to be set statically from anywhere between 1 and 127.

Likewise as Dave has mentioned the pan can usually be applied statically from within the Keyboard Menus of whatever instrument you own.

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
BTW, on the PC3 line it should be possible to set up a slider as a pan control. Pretty much every MIDI code can be assigned to every controller on a Kurzweil, but don't ask me how.

I'd suggest assigning MIDI CC10 to a slider since that's the Pan control. Not sure of what offset you'd have to apply though.

Gary

Ask a Question