P125 rhythms vs dgx650 styles

Reaction score
I have 2 locations, one with dgx650, and holiday home with p125. I find the simpler play along with rhythm on the p125 fits my requirements, but would like to reproduce this on the dgx650, ie just choose a style and play the full keyboard, I tend to play from lead sheets with right hand chords/melody with an alternating bass in left hand. Is the dgx missing the bass?

Reaction score
I think that with the DGX you should be able to mute the Style so just the drums and bass play, it should be a case of looking in the manual and attempting to make sense of what Yamaha Techs have written.

Reaction score
Three very good playing options which are new to DGX (Not On Other Arrangers)

1. UNISON STYLES...Playing In UNISON or ADDING ACCENT To Style Playback.

2. ADAPTIVE STYLES...Automatically Shifting The Style Variation, Dependent on you playing pressure.

3. SIMPLE BUTTON...A quick way to just have Bass & Drums...All other style parts are muted.

ADAPTIVE STYLES they total 37 which do work very well to auto move up or down the style 4 variation relating to your playing pressure.

The SIMPLE BUTTON cuts style parts and just leaves BASS & DRUMS.
Obviously they can be achieved with any arranger but the simple button approach can be activated any time whilst playing just as very often a live band would do through a song.

Ask a Question