P125 USB died after 3 weeks

Reaction score
Hi everyone, thanks for all the great info and support here!
I recently purchased a P125 and have been using it daily connected to my iPad with an Apple USB adapter. No problems.
Yesterday, during the middle of use, the iPad lost the connection. It couldn’t recognize MIDI, nor are the iPad’s sounds going to the piano’s speakers anymore.
I tried my iPhone and Windows laptop as well. In Windows, it’s recognized as an audio device, but the MIDI driver says “this device is not working correctly”.
I tried a factory reset (pressing the rightmost white key during power up).
I’ve also tried changing the MIDI channel where oddly, I hear an audible confirmation when pressing C4 sharp or D, but the default C4 emits no response.
Calling Yahama was fruitless as I was 133rd in line.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
That's why I never buy Yamahahaha. Their warranty support is legendarily bad!

If it's a recent purchase visit their website and see how to obtain warranty support in your area,.

It probably has to go into the shop.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Assuming it is new ring your supplier and discuss it with them, you probably have a 30 return period irrespective of reason.

In your case it will probably be best to the keyboard for a full refund or for your supplier to swap it over.

I had a Yamaha P series and was always thankful when it turned on and worked.

Yamaha have 40% of the whole instrument market so yep, their Customer Lack Of Support Department is going to be very busy as is their Service Techs.

Like Gary I try to avoid buying Yamaha kit.

That said the last couple of years has seen an improvement in the manufacture of their new range of keyboards and they are even improving the quality of their sounds which were imo dire except for acoustic piano.

Ask a Question