PC3 A7 Split Keyboard

Reaction score
Very new to Kurzweil. trying to "Split" the keyboard. Would like a piano or bass on several of the "low octaves" and an organ on the rest. Any help is appreciated.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums, Mickey! I think Happyrat1 (Gary) has a Kurzweil, so he should be able to help you.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Hi Mickey...

Welcome aboard. I own a PC3K8 but it's basically the same keyboard as the A7 with one more octave and Sample RAM instead of the German Piano ROM so I think I can point you in the right direction.

There's plenty of documentation available on Kurzweil's Website on programming these beasts so I assume you've downloaded and printed out at least the basic volumes.

Splits and layers are basically handled as Setups on Kurzweils and so you'll have to put it into Setup Mode and save the split as a User Setup.

For specifics on how to edit sounds, layers and splits take a look at the PC3K and PC3 Video Tutorials under Kurzweil's own channels on Youtube. They're about as exciting as watching paint dry but they pack a lot of info into each tutorial and eventually you'll catch on to the Kurzweil way of doing things.

All of the PC3 line instruments behave pretty much in a similar fashion when it comes to using the editing functions.

I also warn you that you shouldn't use the Soundtower Software to do your edits. It has earned one m*****f***ing bad reputation for eating all your work and corrupting the OS of the PC3* keyboards.

Finally a couple of websites where you can hang out with all the Kurzweil Gurus and have all questions answered are as follows.

http://forums.godlike.com.au/

http://www.ksetlist.com/

The first site is a members only site, but basic membership is free and paid membership is a laughable $6 Australian per year payable thru paypal and WELL WORTH THE MONEY...

There you will also find all sorts of freebie patches as well as tech support from some of the most knowledgeable people I've ever seen on a keyboard.

Believe me, the PC3K/PC3A are difficult keyboards to master but capable of producing almost any sound the human ear can perceive.

Welcome to the club. :)

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
The hell with Wombats and Koalas and other cutesy Aussie animals.

Australia's a land where everything is trying to either eat you or kill you or both.

Let's hear it for the Tasmanian Devil!!! :D :D :D

6952866-3x2-940x627.jpg

Gary ;)

Last edited:

Ask a Question