Pedal Question

Reaction score
Hi, I am new.In two months,i am going to get a new Juno DI.
My question is,,,,,IS the EV-5 pedal used to sustain the note(s) while playing? Thank You

Reaction score
Reaction score
There's just one thing you really need to watch out when it comes to pedals - and that's the pedal polarity. If the keyboard doesn't support switching polarities, you may end up with a pedal that holds notes while NOT pressed, and releases the notes once actually pressed.

For example - Korg keyboards let you select the polarity so it really doesn't matter which polarity the pedal itself is. On the other side - Yamaha has a fixed polarity input at the back of the keyboard so you have to watch out. I have no idea how Rolands work though. You better ask someone at the music store and try the pedal before buying

Reaction score
Thanks for the info and the polarity warnings. I looked at the online manual and the Roland DP-10 is the pedal i should use. (guess i should have looked at the manual BEFORE posting my question).

Again Thanks for the help :)

Reaction score
Hi, I am new.In two months,i am going to get a new Juno DI.
My question is,,,,,IS the EV-5 pedal used to sustain the note(s) while playing? Thank You

The performer of the instrument its employed on, governs when and for what parts the sustain pedal is used BUT, whether a spesific brand of pedal does whatever, is better spoken to in the manufacturer's spec's as you can learn from by keying-into your adres bar, the spesific brand name & model thereof and if NOT, then I'd hesitate to buy it.

Reaction score
The performer of the instrument its employed on, governs when and for what parts the sustain pedal is used BUT, whether a spesific brand of pedal does whatever, is better spoken to in the manufacturer's spec's as you can learn from by keying-into your adres bar, the spesific brand name & model thereof and if NOT, then I'd hesitate to buy it.

As i posted in post #4,i looked in the Roland manual,the DP-10 is what i should use (i should have looked in the manual before posting :) ) Thank You Archie

Ask a Question