Portable amps

Reaction score
Are you guys not going into overkill mode?

Geeze, 12 inch speakers, 1000W, 37 lbs, these will be sizeable lumps of kit to lug around.

Remember the audience is 30-50 people and the 350 is just over 50 lbs in weight
Well, keep in mind that the poster threw in playing bass and live drums.

Reaction score
Ok back to amps was away for vacation seeing my mom and family in PR, my niece husband has a portable battery operated speaker system it looks like the Pyle but its called a Technical pro PB1400LED it sounded ok plus someone else has one in the 10in version only thing was the white cheap speaker and the led I was thinking in something like that would probably work but the first thing that will go is the speaker..

Reaction score
Hi its been awhile a lot of work not enough time lol. Ok so for a couple of months i have been thinking about getting a smaller amp i play for my church there are times for a special event i haul around a Roland Kc350 its been ok but kinda feeling heavy so i have been thinking about getting something a bit smaller i thought about the Roland Cube ex also the kc220 but i have noticed that bose has the s1 pro and mow jbl has the eon one compact. I like the fact that the last 2 has builtin Bluetooth i ask to see if anyone has been able to use these type of amps . Sometimes i will go out to these camps of basicly between 30 to 40 people i have a drummer we have a small drum set just for those outings me i have to play the bass and piano that is why i have to lug around the kc350 . Someone also said to use a bass amp a smaller 25 or 40 watt version anybody that has used some type of small setup i would like to hear whatever they think might be a good option
I have the Roland Cube. But only for home use. I think its important for a keyboard player to have a keyboard amp that can handle the large freq range that's demanding of a keyboard, lows to highs

Reaction score
I've used both the Bose S1 and L1 with great results. If you are 0 going bluetooth,I recommend using the headphone Jack to connect the wireless. It's one cord split into stereo and the sound improvement is remarkable. I usually run the headphone Jack to the ipod input o the l1 compact.

Reaction score
Hello to all I was also considering the Samson expedition series not sure if these could also work it would be the Expedition XP310w it has a 10 inch woofer and its only 27 pounds kinda looks good not sure of sound as anyone ever used one of these for keyboards?

Reaction score
I've used both the Bose S1 and L1 with great results. If you are 0 going bluetooth,I recommend using the headphone Jack to connect the wireless. It's one cord split into stereo and the sound improvement is remarkable. I usually run the headphone Jack to the ipod input o the l1 compact.
I've used both the Bose S1 and L1 with great results. If you
Hello to all I was also considering the Samson expedition series not sure if these could also work it would be the Expedition XP310w it has a 10 inch woofer and its only 27 pounds kinda looks good not sure of sound as anyone ever used one of these for keyboards?
I seems your viewing PA amps. I don't know if that is what you should use for a keyboard.
Sweetwater Sound is a music store in Fort Wayne Indiana. I would make contact with their keyboard engineers for further advise. I purchased my keyboard and practice amp from Sweetewater

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I own a Behringer K450FX which is a very decent budget priced amp. Mine has been running for over 15 years without a problem.

Output is very decent, it's 45 Watts and weighs in at about 35 lbs.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
I do have a couple of amps that I use , Behringer 300 watt amp a crate for bass and a Roland kc-350 which is the one I use for the little bit bigger gatherings, I was looking for something smaller that would fit the bill for very small venues most 25 to about 40 people and would give a decent sound there are a few good recommendations some are in a good weight class below 30 pounds that could be a easy carry for now been waiting till all of this cov19 is over with..

Ask a Question