Power cut protection

Reaction score
So, two gigs in a row we have had power issues. One was an outdoor event powered by a larger generator with 3 power cuts (little buggers hitting the emergency button apparently).

The second, I got into the gig a little too much and my foot tapping resulted in me hitting the off switch on my multi socket (lesson learnt, get one with no switch )

I have a Roland Juno DS with a Midi Controller plugged into it too. I suppose this is a two part question.

1. My midi controller was set to channel 2 as standard when I bought from new. My Juno DS also sets MIDI as channel 2. That was until the first power cut and for some reason it’s my MIDI controller has reverted to channel 1 as standard (not fun to figure that out mid gig for the first time). Any ideas on why this might be and how to revert standard back to channel 2?

2. Is there any way I can have a back up power supply that will prevent my gear turning off and resetting during a short power cut. For example, would using the battery option in my Juno as a back up work? Or is there some kind of transformer I could use?

An odd one I know, but as it’s happened to me twice I imagine some of you have too. ‍♂️

Reaction score
A portable UPS (uninterruptible power supply) will suffice.

Do ensure you checkout those that have enough capacity to supply conditioned power for your needs.

Last edited:

Ask a Question