PSR 770 Boot up very slow

Reaction score
What might be the problem....over a minute before it fully becomes operational. This is not normal. Appreciate any help.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
How old is it? Has it always taken so long to boot or a new fault development? Waranty?

Should be no more than 2 seconds to boot up. Almost instant.

Ray

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Do you have the Service Manual?

https://elektrotanya.com/showresult?what=PSR S770&kategoria=&kat2=all

One thing you might try is to power up the keyboard in test mode as described in the Service Manual and then go through the various tests to see if any problems are detected.

You could also try backing up any files or packs you may have installed in the keyboard's internal memory, then do a system reset and clear the internal memory to see if it helps.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I asked about the boot time on the PSR Tutorial Forum and someone said that it takes 22 seconds or more for his PSR-S model to boot up. I believe he has several expansion packs installed, so I take it that the boot time is affected by how much data the keyboard has to read and load from expansion memory. I presume this can include things like MIDI song files, individual style files, and other files-- user voices, multi-pads, registrations, and so on-- that you've loaded into the keyboard's internal memory.

Something else I just thought of-- but don't know if it might be a factor-- is whether or not the keyboard has a Wi-Fi or Bluetooth connection that it needs to establish during the boot process.

Ask a Question