PSR-S500 and midi/usb Interface

Reaction score
Hello every one

I Am trying to find out help/discussion/information on the web, but no luck.
so I came here if some one of you can help me.

My general knowledge about this section are very limited so the only way i found is this forum.
as you know from thread name. My PSR-S500 have sustain, (to host, to device) - usb, contrast and phones output.. and i need an interface which has compatibility with that keyboard so i can use it without problem and do not lose money.

M-Audio MIDISPORT 2x2 Anniversary Edition Interfacace is individual for me. Is that work's together?

also I like to know what connection cables do I need?

thank you.

Reaction score
Sorry mate, very hard to understand you - what do you want to do? Why you want interface?

The Y-man
sorry if i explain wrong, i need record audio from my keyboard to my DAW in computer so i can hear everything what im play on keyboard in my ableton not just as midi, but as audio. I dont want to use synthesizer. So i think i need midi interface to do that work and i like to know if (M-Audio MIDISPORT 2x2 Anniversary Edition Interfacace) is compatible with my keyboard and if not, what interface i need and what cables.

Reaction score
I don't think you need an interface. If you have USB-B on the keyboard you can connect to a computer with a simple USB-printercable. Tell you DAW in the setup or so that you use a USB-Device.
Plug and play with Windows.

The Y_man

Reaction score
As DickR says - PSR-S500 comes with a USB port. Get a USB cable and connect to your computer.

Set up your ableton to recognise USB input as primary input.

The Y-man

Ask a Question