Question for Experienced Keyboardists

Reaction score
So, I'm a guitarist and I bought a Yamaha Montage 7 for my studio but am finding it's just way too much keyboard for my meager skills. Can someone here direct me to some other forums that have classifieds? I definitely don't want to do Reverb and currently have it listed on CL, FB Marketplace, and some other forums I frequent.

Reaction score
reverb.com
I used them for years but they kept raising their fees to the point of ridiculousness. Basically looking for non/low fee sites now like The Gear Page and Rig Talk where I've been active for years, however, not much of a market for keyboards at either site.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Out of curiosity what part of day You Ess Hey are you in? And how much you looking to get for the Montage?

Reaction score
Out of curiosity what part of day You Ess Hey are you in? And how much you looking to get for the Montage?
I'm retired so am basically home much of the day.

I'm looking to get $2500 in my pocket for the keyboard. It's in absolute Mint condition, does that sound reasonable? That's about $200 less than I paid for it last year.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Expect to see lowball offers around $2000 or $2100.

It's a buyer's market out there these days.

Musicians are selling their gear to pay for groceries these days. :p

If you're lucky you'll get around $2200 for it.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
After a year it may even be 30% less than purchase.

Was that $2500 Taxes in or out?

If it includes the tax, expect closer to $1900 for it.

Reaction score
You are being unrealistic with your price.

My local music stores take in part exchanges and re-sells them on.

They do so at a retail price difference similar to what you are expecting and they include there own warranty and support.

Look at it another way, would you buy a used keyboard from a private seller when for a $200 bucks more then can buy new with a warranty.

Have you also looked at shipping costs?

Reaction score
If the Montage-7 was too much keyboard, have you looked into cheaper/simpler alternatives? I just bought a Yamaha CK61 for $999 and am very happy with it. Lightweight, sounds are good and all controls are on top - very little menu diving. Has speakers so don't need an amp if you're just fooling around.

I had a Korg Kross that I sold to Guitar Center. Took a bath on the price but it was about 6 years old.

Good luck selling your Montage.

Ask a Question