Questions about YPG/DGX

Reaction score
This series is at the top of my list for my first keyboard (looking at the 235, the 640, and also the Piaggero v80 which is basically the same and somewhere between the two but the speakers are junk). I'm trying to learn everything I can before I make the final decision, so I have a few questions: (One note: I am not totally sure what constitutes a 'style' - I am using the term as a background track, and not necessarily thinking it has to have accompaniment or anything).

With any of these keyboards, do you ever have the option to play a style or song and add/drop individual tracks in real time?

Do these machines support the same styles (for download) as the PSR series? Is there a good source of dance styles?

Can songs be recorded and used like a style? In other words, can you record a song, loop it, and play over it?

Can new voices be downloaded? I believe voices can be edited and stored as a use file, correct?

That is all I can think of for now. I really like the keys of the DGX/YPG series (Graded Soft Touch and the hammer action on the 640) and I like having 71 or 88 keys. I also really like ambient electronic music.

Reaction score
Thanks Jorgen. Regarding #1, The PSR-e433 has a function where you can play a 6-track pattern, and it has a feature where you can turn on and off any of the 6 tracks. It is a lot of fun, I wasn't sure if there was a way to do something similar on the YPG. Since #3 is 'No' I assume #1 is 'No' as well.

Ask a Question