Rhodes like keyboard

Reaction score
Hello, I once had a fender Rhodes, but sold it many years ago and haven’t played much since.
Can anyone recommend a 61 or 73 key keyboard that has good Rhodes and Wurlitzer sounds but isn’t too expensive. I wish something like the Yamaha reface CP, only bigger existed!
Many thanks
Sam

Reaction score
Many Thanks, the numa compact looks amazing, I wasn’t aware of these. But shame it only seems to be available with 88 keys.

Reaction score
Many Thanks, the numa compact looks amazing, I wasn’t aware of these. But shame it only seems to be available with 88 keys.

The Casio CT-S1 could be another low-cost possibility. Check this video from about 5:50 to 8:05.

The big functional limitation there (compared to the EPs on your Reface) is that there is basically no editing of the sounds. For that, you'd want to look at the next model up, where you have a whole bunch of effects controls available (only 3 knobs, but they can do many things). It also has a lot more sounds and other capabilities.

ETA: The next model up I mentioned is the CT-S500.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Don’t be put off by the 88 keys.

The keybed is semi weighted with aftertouch.

It is very light in weight at 15.6 lbs.

I had a Compact 2X the prior model to the SE, loved the keybed and ease of control via the drawbars, sounds were pretty good and Studiologic are often issuing updates with additional sounds.

Check one out

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I've been using mine daily for the past year and I find it makes an acceptable substitute for my old Kurzweil PC3K8.

I must be getting old though. I'm finding the weighted keys tiring to play these days.

At any rate, the controls are devilishly simple to navigate once you catch on to the menu style and basic control logic.

It gives you about 80 bread and butter sounds and as a bonus it includes a simple wavetable synth based on the waldorf blofeld. (Still being sold new nowadays. It's aged incredibly well)

There's not a a whole crapload of bread and butter sounds, but the quality of the ones they supply wouldn't get you kicked off of any stage. :D. And the full set of sliders do a proper hammond justice as drawbars, while doubling as resonance and cutoff for filter sweeps on the PCM and synth sounds.

If 88 keys is too much, then all I can suggest is a hacksaw and some duct tape :D :D :D

Reaction score
Note that HappyRat is describing the step up "X" models of the Numa Compact. The lower priced versions I mentioned do not have the organ drawbar (slider) or synth functions he mentioned. If all you care about are the things you mentioned (Rhodes/Wurli, essentially a Reface CP replacement with more keys), the basic models will do that.

Reaction score
Thanks for so many helpful replies, that’s incredibly helpful. I’m going to try out the studiologic models, as they seem to offer so much, and are within my modest price range. I’ll also look into the Yamaha CK. I’d love to go for a Crumar 7 but that’s a bit out of my league!

Reaction score
Thanks for so many helpful replies, that’s incredibly helpful. I’m going to try out the studiologic models, as they seem to offer so much, and are within my modest price range. I’ll also look into the Yamaha CK. I’d love to go for a Crumar 7 but that’s a bit out of my league!
You never mentioned what your price range was. 'Not too expensive' for me puts the Crumar Seventeen (not the Crumar Seven) in play. That's why the 17 was developed since the 7 was out of some people's price range.

Reaction score
You never mentioned what your price range was. 'Not too expensive' for me puts the Crumar Seventeen (not the Crumar Seven) in play. That's why the 17 was developed since the 7 was out of some people's price range.
I think it would have to be under, or not much over £500. I know that’s not a lot for what I’m asking, but fingers crossed. It would also be used by my daughter who is having piano lessons.

Ask a Question