Rigged Rat Race

Fred Coulter

Collector of ancient keyboards
Reaction score
Very nice.

Do you still have the multitrack recording? My only suggestion, and it may be because I like bass, would be to mix in some sub-octave onto the lowest part. Not a lot, but just enough to bring in some lower fundamentals.

Just my two cents. Nicely done, though.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
It depends on what you are playing it thru I guess. I still have the MIDI on file but when I play it thru my M-Audio BX5A monitors and Mackie 10" powered subwoofer it's plenty bassy enough to rattle the windows already :)

Do you mind if I ask what you are playing it thru?

When I play it back on my crappy laptop USB speakers though it does come across as pretty anaemic.

But on a decent 2.1 stereo with a powered sub though it should come across just fine. Perhaps a little twiddling with your EQ settings might help?

Nonetheless many thanks for your appreciation ;)

Gary ;)

Last edited:

Fred Coulter

Reaction score
It depends on what you are playing it thru I guess. I still have the MIDI on file but when I play it thru my M-Audio BX5A monitors and Mackie 10" powered subwoofer it's plenty bassy enough to rattle the windows already :)

Do you mind if I ask what you are playing it thru?

When I play it back on my crappy laptop USB speakers though it does come across as pretty anaemic.

But on a decent 2.1 stereo with a powered sub though it should come across just fine. Perhaps a little twiddling with your EQ settings might help?

Nonetheless many thanks for your appreciation ;)

Gary ;)

That may the issue. I'll listen to it again through some decent head phones. (Or bother the wife and run it through the main stereo.)

Reaction score
Very nice! The scale you used reminds me of a Persian scale in some ways - adds a bit of mysticism to the piece :)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Yeah, I was sort of shooting for a gypsy/middle eastern vibe with the scales I used.

Thanks Becky :)

Gary ;)

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
I'm picturing the hare with a broken foot dragging itself through the relentless middle eastern hot desert trying despetately to catch the tortoise. The tortoise wins.

Btw thinking of ozzy, did you have your shirt off when playing that?

I liked it.

Fred Coulter

Reaction score
Shirt... No...

Pants? Absotutely!!!

:D :D :D

Gary ;)

When we started to play out, we were mentored by a folk duo, who played guitar and flute. Among other places, they played on the Wiccan circuit. Some of the places that they played, they played "sky clad." Except the male guitar player complained about the guitar sticking to his stomach. So he wore a T-shirt.

I'm glad I didn't go to any of these events.

Last edited:

Ask a Question