Roland HP1

Reaction score
I am considering purchasing a Roland HP1. I know it is a little old but i think it might be good as a beginner keyboard for my daughters. (10 and 3). I believe the price is fine for a used keyboard. The only issue is that the headphone output jack doesn't work. The owner said that they did not try to fix it. Do you think its a worthy purchase or should I wait for something better to appear? Is this an issue that I can fix? Since it's old the terminals may just be dirty, and need a little cleaning.

Any help is appreciated!

Smee

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
First of all how much are you paying for it? Exactly how old is it and have you seen the original bill of sale?

Take the time and test each and every key and button. Strike the keys both softly and hard to make certain the velocity sensitivity is functioning properly.

Replacing a headphone jack is trivial but still a hundred dollar job in a music shop.

What's the overall condition? Was it stored under a dust cover when not in use? Are there any dings or scratches? Any stains? Was it transported regularly or did it just sit peacefully in someone's living room?

What's your total budget for a piano?

Gary

Ask a Question