Setup advice please?

Reaction score
I’m wanting to get a few options for a setup of my newly purchased gear. I’m a Double bass player who has come over to keys and my setup is as follows. Hammond SK1 and a NORD Electro 6 into 2 x Roland KC -600 amps. My questions are, to run Stereo, should I take Left side output from the SK 1 and the Nord into one of the KC -600 amps and the same config on the Right hand side of both keyboards into the second K -600. Or midi the two together and then send them through the left and right of the KC-600 which then have a second guitar lead to the second Roland ….much appreciate any info on this matter. Cheers
Mick
Brisbane
Australia

Reaction score
I’m wanting to get a few options for a setup of my newly purchased gear. I’m a Double bass player who has come over to keys and my setup is as follows. Hammond SK1 and a NORD Electro 6 into 2 x Roland KC -600 amps. My questions are, to run Stereo, should I take Left side output from the SK 1 and the Nord into one of the KC -600 amps and the same config on the Right hand side of both keyboards into the second K -600. Or midi the two together and then send them through the left and right of the KC-600 which then have a second guitar lead to the second Roland ….much appreciate any info on this matter. Cheers
Mick
Brisbane
Australia
If you can send them out separately from the Nord and from the SK1 I would do that. Also, as an alternative, I think the Nord has the capability of an 'input connector" so you could go SK1 out to Nord's input connector then I think the Nord would mix both signals to its outputs. See page 28 of the Nord owners manual. You'd need one of these: adapter

Last edited:
Reaction score
Welcome.

An alternative way would be to get a small Mixer unit and feed each keyboard’s output pair into their own channels in the Mixer then take the Mixer output to the Amp.

Reaction score
Welcome.

An alternative way would be to get a small Mixer unit and feed each keyboard’s output pair into their own channels in the Mixer then take the Mixer output to the Amp.
Why? the KC600 has 4 stereo inputs already (i.e. its own pre-amp section). why would you op for another piece of equipment to connect which serves no real purpose?

1659718372778.png

Reaction score
To have easy local control at the keyboards and not feet away on the amp.

The Roland amps have their mixers fixed whereas on something like a Yamaha Stagepas the mixer is detachable and can be positioned to suit.

Reaction score
Thank you all for your reply’s, much appreciated. Delaware Dave,I like your idea of linking the two via the mini stereo to the guitar jack lead, and also your comment on the 600 having the multitude of inputs already. Rather than the mixer idea which I also do have ! Question, you wouldn’t MIDI the two together would you via the Din Plug ???? Also, can somebody expand on th3 idea of running one side of EACH KEYBOARD to the left input of the 600 and the say the right side of the TWO KEYBOARDS to the second 600 amp. And setup similar tones volume etc…on each amp? Thanks again guys for any advice ….

Reaction score
Thank you all for your reply’s, much appreciated. Delaware Dave,I like your idea of linking the two via the mini stereo to the guitar jack lead, and also your comment on the 600 having the multitude of inputs already. Rather than the mixer idea which I also do have ! Question, you wouldn’t MIDI the two together would you via the Din Plug ???? Also, can somebody expand on th3 idea of running one side of EACH KEYBOARD to the left input of the 600 and the say the right side of the TWO KEYBOARDS to the second 600 amp. And setup similar tones volume etc…on each amp? Thanks again guys for any advice ….
As you suggested you can also run the left output of each keyboard to one KC600 and the right output of each keyboard to the other KC600. You'd accomplish the same thing as the previous suggestion. Midi is a different story, as 5-pin (DIN) Midi doesnt carry an audio signal ( only controller data) it doesnt solve the issue of getting the audio from both keyboards into the amp, only audio cables would provide this option.

Reaction score
As you suggested you can also run the left output of each keyboard to one KC600 and the right output of each keyboard to the other KC600. You'd accomplish the same thing as the previous suggestion. Midi is a different story, as 5-pin (DIN) Midi doesnt carry an audio signal ( only controller data) it doesnt solve the issue of getting the audio from both keyboards into the amp, only audio cables would provide this option.
Great advice my friend and thank you for your input …. Will try your idea ….I’ll stay away from the midi idea !

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Actually, even though it doesn’t handle audio, MIDI does allow you to layer 2 keyboards with some interesting and enjoyable resulting sound textures.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question