small keyboard

Reaction score
I am a classical guitarl player, and I play popular tunes as well as classical, and I would like to have some backing music. With the kind of instruments you get on a keyboard (piano violins flute ect). Keyboards are to large and I have listened to korg and other makes of synths on youtube and none have the kind of voices you get on a yamaha keyboard. They all seem to lean to heavy metal. I want a machine I can put on my knee that has lots of good quality ( I am not looking for a cheap toy like machine.) voices and can be programed. Can anyone please help.
James.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
The OP specified he loved the Yamaha sound set and that he wanted something pro quality and programmable. Keytar is too synthpoppy for his needs I think. The Mini Mo is perfect for his needs I think. Besides, 11 lbs weighs about as much as a medium sack of flour. :)

The Y_man

Reaction score
The OP specified he loved the Yamaha sound set and that he wanted something pro quality and programmable. Keytar is too synthpoppy for his needs I think. The Mini Mo is perfect for his needs I think. Besides, 11 lbs weighs about as much as a medium sack of flour. :)

I understand the Yamaha requirement - hence my suggestions of a light key controller like

http://www.alesis.com/vortex

plugged into something like

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/music-production/tone-generators/motif-rack/?mode=model

which will give you all the sounds and programmability of a Motif.

Thankfully James didn't give us a price limit ;)

The Y-man

Reaction score
I paid a visit to windows music store today and after an hour of good demonstrations I was convinced that the only thing that would suit my needs perfectly was a full size keyboard. Small could not be done to suit me so I chose the yamaha s550 Many thanks for all your efforts I hope I did not waste your time.
James

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I'm happy you found something you can work with. Not to worry. Make some beautiful noises! ;)

Ask a Question