Smooth voice transition on Yamaha S90es

Reaction score
Hi music lovers! I am having trouble setting my keyboard to keep on sounding when I had previously pressed keys/chords and wanna hold them while I change to another sound! I ve been searching in the Utility mode and in the manual and havent found anything about it! Does someone know if this is possible to accomplish or its just how this keyboard is designed and nothing to do about it? I love my S90es and some really cool sound creation is possible with it but this voice transition thing can be tricky while playing live!!! Thanks for any answer!

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums. I found this on another site:
"This is accomplished in the "Multi" mode where up to 16 voices can be assigned to parts and switched using the part buttons on the lower right without cutoff.
If you have a second footswitch assigned to cc#66 "Sostenuto", that footswitch will "latch" the notes being held while you switch and play other parts and (that sound) will remain until you return to that part and "unlatch". This is a different behaviour than the normal sustain pedal.
There are 64 "Multi" locations and you will probably want to name the multi with some reference to the voices you have assigned that you want to switch seamlessly between. And don't forget about the [PFcopy] job to put performances into a multi. With the [PFcopy] job and the regular part copy job it would be possible to get 4 four part performances in a multi that would be accessed with part buttons 1,5,9, and 13, with a little clever manipulation of midi channel assignments."
Hope this helps. Don

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums. I found this on another site:
"This is accomplished in the "Multi" mode where up to 16 voices can be assigned to parts and switched using the part buttons on the lower right without cutoff.
If you have a second footswitch assigned to cc#66 "Sostenuto", that footswitch will "latch" the notes being held while you switch and play other parts and (that sound) will remain until you return to that part and "unlatch". This is a different behaviour than the normal sustain pedal.
There are 64 "Multi" locations and you will probably want to name the multi with some reference to the voices you have assigned that you want to switch seamlessly between. And don't forget about the [PFcopy] job to put performances into a multi. With the [PFcopy] job and the regular part copy job it would be possible to get 4 four part performances in a multi that would be accessed with part buttons 1,5,9, and 13, with a little clever manipulation of midi channel assignments."
Hope this helps. Don

Thanks a bunch Don! I'll try that right away but the time you took to answer is sure appreciated! Keep on spreading the good news! Marianne

Ask a Question