sound blocks while playing using cakewalk ... any suggestion about what should be the source or the problem (MIDI setting, notebok processor, ...)?

Reaction score
Hi, :):):)... I am a kbd player; I´ve got a vintage synth Yamaha SY77 and a muted weighted kbd Fatar 88; both connected via MIDI USB interface Midisport 4x4 with notebook acer aspire (OS win 10 pro 64 bit) to bandlab cakewalk v. 27.01.0.085;
I don´t know if I´ve posted my question in the right place
1f605.png
1f605.png
1f605.png

1f630.png
when I play the kbds, using controllers also (sustain pedal in this case) at a certain point cakewalk midi signal gives me problem; in fact the sound blocks and contunues to play, even if I release the key;
sorry; is that a midi controller configuration of the synth problem or is that a problem regarding the software or the notebook processor?
1f914.png
1f914.png
1f914.png

thanks in advance for your advices;
1f601.png
1f605.png

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Do you have the same instrument INS file assigned to more than one device?

Cakewalk goes a little flaky when you do that.

Try assigning different instrument files to each device.

Or try disconnecting one device and see if the problem persists.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Do you have the same instrument INS file assigned to more than one device?

Cakewalk goes a little flaky when you do that.

Try assigning different instrument files to each device.

Or try disconnecting one device and see if the problem persists.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Hi Gary. :) thanks so much for your reply;
... unfortunately I am not founded about INS files; actually I don´t know what they are for in DAW programs; actually I only know that .INS files are files used in internet connection matters; :rolleyes:
apart from that, I have not many instruments connected, just two keyboards via MIDI, and for each kbd I´ve assigned its MIDI channel; so now the problem is solved (I think) :)

Ask a Question