Sound Board (I think...)

Reaction score
Happy Holidays!!!

Guys I need help and need a suggestion.

I have an acoustic Kawai piano with the Any Time computer hooked up to it. Its pretty cool. One feature allows you to hook up an midi device and play the midi sounds through the piano. The Any Time computer has three sounds built into it (piano, organ and harpsichord). I would like to expand that ability with a sound module. It would also be cool to be able to record the piano and listen back. I think that's called a sequencer?? In the past I had a friend's keyboard hooked up to it and it worked really well.

So here's what I'd like to do. I would like to get a sound module to add a wider selection of organ, horn, string, percussion and other piano sounds. Basically I'd like all the fancy sounds of your keyboard without the keys.

Can you guys offer me some specific model numbers of devices that can do this? I've searched "sound module", but I don't know what I'm looking at. It the unit could record practice sessions too that would be a bonus.

Any help would be awesome. Also, I'm a keyboard rookie. This is mostly for my wife.

Thanks!!!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Look around for a used Korg Triton Rack or a used Yamaha Motif Rack on eBay and your local Craigslist. They shouldn't end up costing you more than $500 used and they will give your Kawai all the sounds from synths 5 years ago costing thousands of dollars new.

Usually there's not too much to worry about buying a rack module used because the mechanical components of keyboards and switches don't enter the equation.

Merry Xmas to ya ;)

Gary

Ask a Question