Strange Problem With Casio Keyboard?!?!

Reaction score
i'm pretty good with electronics. can anyone offer me advice as to what may be wrong inside of the actualy keyboard? that woudl be great. i know its not the best keyboard but i just want it to work so i can have a decent keyboard

thanks
Most likely, the flash memory has been corrupted. Take it to a store where it can be replaced or try and buy a new one. Another problem could be that the keyboard itself has short-circuited. If this is the case, then buy a new piano.

Fred Coulter

Collector of ancient keyboards
Reaction score
If you're not scared of opening up the keyboard, open it up and look at the actual keyboard. As keyplayer said, look for some junk around the keyboard. And even if you don't see any, use some compressed air to clean it up and then maybe some junction cleaning spray. (Yeah, that's not what it's called. But I'm having a senior moment.)

Don't let the Casio haters get you down. When my eldest daughter started college as a music major, my father (a classical pianist and composer) went to Sam Ash with her to find a decent piano for her dorm room. He ended up picking up a Casio for her. For the money it had a good feel and good sound. It wasn't expensive, but it helped her pass piano lab. (And when she switched majors, she gave it to her sister who is now using it with her music major. Having a piano in the dorm makes theory homework much easier.)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Yo DO realize that you're replying to an 8 year old thread don't you?

I realize that you're only trying to help but honestly the forum gets enough new traffic in people's current problems that having to wade thru a dozen old threads a day only muddies the waters.

Gary ;)

Fred Coulter

Collector of ancient keyboards
Reaction score
I've been looking at the "recent threads". This one showed up because Kelly Parker posted here on the third of February.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Understandable, but it's generally best if people post a new thread if they have a recent problem.

Kelly posed a simple question about whether or not people had problems with the pedals.

The comment was irrelevant even in relation to the original thread.

It's best for everyone's sake if we can keep questions posted to single threads in a single relevant timeline if possible.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Casio is actually one of the best keyboard companies along with Roland and Yamaha. There is nothing wrong with Casio, its probably the condition it is being treated or the age of the keyboard.
You're not wrong there! I love my Casio piano, its the bees knees. And the new high end ones are made in partnership with Bechstein no less!

Ask a Question