Style Files for YPG-535?

Reaction score
Hi everybody!

This is my first post in the forums, and I have to say that I am very glad to have found this site! I am a Casio owner myself, but I play occasionally on Yamahas (usually YPGs or DGXs).

My one friend has a YPG-535. We were going through trying to find some good accompaniment rhythms for her to play along with, but weren't finding anything to our liking. I looked at the manual and right there on the front it showed the Style File symbol. I looked in the back of the keyboard, and it has two USB ports--one for the computer, and one for a thumb drive.

So I hopped online and to my utter astonishment there is not one Style File anywhere to be found for the 535. I checked the Yamaha MusicSoft site and the jososoft sites. I've called and emailed Yamaha but have yet to get a response. The more I look around, the more it seems like this keyboard is the red-headed stepchild of the Yamaha family.

Am I looking in the wrong place? Thanks for any help!

Kate

Reaction score
Kate,
yes you are looking in the wrong place.
Go to PSRTUTORIAL.COM and you can download by the thousands styles for Yamaha of any kind for free. (They don't work on a Casio BTW)

However, you have to keep in mind that styles in general are 'created' for a specific keyboard and they might sound different on other keyboards. The reason is that the higher end Yamaha's have 'Sweet', 'Live', Megavoices and even 'Superarticulated' voices. If these voices don't excist on the keyboard you are trying to load them in, they don't sound or with a bit of luck are replaced with a YES available voice or even a GeneralMidi voice.
In many cases you can change these voices to you liking on a keyboard (if that feature is available) or using sofware on a computer.
Hope this put you onto the right 'track' so to speak in keyboard language.

DickR

Ask a Question