Thumb Drive Problem

Reaction score
I just bought a brand new thumb drive to record some music from my Yamaha DGX 660. It worked a couple of times, but then the thumb drive started to have a message saying "the drive is busy now." I deleted and re formatted the thumb drive, now I have message asking me to format the thumb drive. What's wrong? I've tried to format the thumb drive multiple times but still everytime I plug the thumb drive, the message is asking me to format it again. Sometimes, after I format the thumb drive the message says "the limit of media has been reached."

Reaction score
Welcome.

Have you formatted the drive using the in keyboard utility.

If not, can you do so?

Yamaha not only format their drives they add structure to them hence they should be formatted in the keyboard.

Reaction score
I formatted the thumb drive with the keyboard, but every time it's done formatting, I had to unplug the thumb drive and re inserted it then the keyboard asked me to format it again. I just bought another thumb drive, I am going to try it again with the new thumb drive, hope it works. Thanks for your advice.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Download a bootable CD called Gparted and use it to remove any scrapware partitions from the thumb drive.

Use it to turn the entire drive into one huge partition.

then format it to Fat32

Then reboot and format it again in the Yamaha.

That should work.

Companies like Sandisk preload garbage programs onto hidden partitions on their thumb drives.

Gary ;)

The Y_man

Reaction score
I formatted the thumb drive with the keyboard, but every time it's done formatting, I had to unplug the thumb drive and re inserted it then the keyboard asked me to format it again. I just bought another thumb drive, I am going to try it again with the new thumb drive, hope it works. Thanks for your advice.

I was going to say - does the drive work ok o a PC?

The Y-man

Ask a Question