Total noob still! What is USB MIDI and how do I use it?

Reaction score
So, on the back of my Casio I have a slot that says USB-MIDI, whatever that means.

It looks like a normal USB slot on a computer, but it's a lot smaller.

Where do I get the cable for this?

I looked online and didn't find any that looked like my slot.:confused:

Reaction score
Is this for a Casio WK-200? If so, check your manual (6 MB download) starting on page E-65. Your slot should look like the top right USB port shown in this picture.

You most likely need a standard USB cable, one end with the flat USB-A plug and the other a USB-B plug, which is squarish with two slanted corners on the "top".

You should be able to find the cable just about anywhere. In my area, Wal-Mart has the best price, while the big-box consumer electronics stores charge up to twice as much for a virtually identical cable!

Once you get the cable, make sure you follow the instructions in your manual about on how to connect things up, when to turn what on, etc. Otherwise, your keyboard and music software on your will probably have problems talking to each other.

Ask a Question